1. As has been pointed out elsewhere, calling this simply a “mosque” is stretching it, as the idea of the structure is to bring all people — of whatever faith or of no faith — together. But so what if it was a mosque?
2. It’s not at “Ground Zero,” but at a site where now stands building that was hit by debris when the planes hit the World Trade Center. But so what if it was?
3. Here’s more on the American Center for Law and Justice, just for context.
4. Here’s more on Cordoba House — also, for context.
6. And here’s more on why “Cordoba” is a wonderful, multi-cultured name for the initiative.
(That’s a photo of Mayor Michael Bloomberg and a few other supporters of Cordoba House taken Tuesday.)