The trajectory of our lives is determined by a series of choices and luck, but it seems to me that many people discount how big a role luck plays. From the perspective of a baby, the family the baby is born into is a matter of luck. The child has no choice in this matter, and has done nothing one way or another to deserve one family more or less than the other. The child’s only action to this point is being born. As a study released by the Urban Institute found, children born into wealth tend to live life as wealthier adults.
- Kids? I gotta go.
- And again! Happy Labor Day!
- Spanish health care providers say yes to caring for immigrants
- I’ll say it again: Happy Labor Day!
- How to provide for your family if you’re famous but not-rich
- Catholic leader says some children seduce pedophiles into action
- It’s Labor Day! Time for a picnic!
- Bless Joplin’s heart
- And a dead woman will lead them