- Kids? I gotta go.
- And again! Happy Labor Day!
- Spanish health care providers say yes to caring for immigrants
- I’ll say it again: Happy Labor Day!
- How to provide for your family if you’re famous but not-rich
- Catholic leader says some children seduce pedophiles into action
- It’s Labor Day! Time for a picnic!
- Bless Joplin’s heart
- And a dead woman will lead them
Tag Archives: Girls
Check out Scholastic’s “How to Survive Anything” series. Boys are taught to survive things like shark attacks. Girls are taught to survive a fashion disaster.
Help me, Jesus. Fortunately, DickG., who sent the link, was not the first to notice the problem, and Scholastic responded by saying they didn’t print that many of the books, and they’ll print no more.
But most especially, let your daughters do that. It just might lessen the gender gap in technology, says Dana Goldstein at Slate. Goldstein writes:
The tech gap begins at home, where boys get their first computers and video game consoles at a younger age than girls and are more likely to play with toys that build spatial reasoning skills, like Lego. It continues in schools, where female students voice less confidence in math, science, and computing, and it persists in the corporate world. Even among the younger generation of tech companies, including Facebook, Google, and Twitter, fewer than 10 percent of all computer programmers—the field’s core job—are women, according to industry insiders.