Personally, I’ve always thought “housewife” is a dumb word. I mean, the wife isn’t precisely married to the house, now, is she? Just as “house husband” doesn’t mean the husband is in a legally-recognized union with a dwelling. But the point is well-taken, because the sentence “I’m a housewife” often includes the word “just.” Or someone who’s staying home adds quickly that while the children are young, while the degree is gained…why do we feel we have to qualify that, I wonder?
- The link between poverty and (mis)education
- And so we come to another glorious pause…
- 4.1 Miles
- 99 ways to fight Trump
- Dear Christian,
- Go to @TrumpHotels and tell them your favorite travel memory.
- The changing face of American immigrants
- Come talk to your Muslim neighbors
- Phew, what a weekend!
- America first. The Netherlands, second?