One significant reason to pass paid sick leave legislation is that failing to do so further exacerbates disparities based on income. The Economic Policy Institute shows in stark terms that “rich people have paid sick days [while] poor people do not.” While only one in five (20 percent) of private sector workers in the bottom 10 percent of wage earners has earned paid sick time, nearly nine in ten (87 percent) of top-five wage earners have earned paid sick time.
- And so we come to another glorious pause…
- 4.1 Miles
- 99 ways to fight Trump
- Dear Christian,
- Go to @TrumpHotels and tell them your favorite travel memory.
- The changing face of American immigrants
- Come talk to your Muslim neighbors
- Phew, what a weekend!
- America first. The Netherlands, second?
- Yeah, well…