- Give all adoptees all-access
- Just a taste of the Boston Women’s March
- Saw this on Facebook. Leaving it here.
- Ladies? Did you buy a SmartTrip card on Saturday, and you didn’t use it?
- Don’t mourn. Organize.
- Swords up!
- In precisely 10 hours, I’m on a bus…
- So about those conflict-of-interest discussions…
- We. Are. The storm.
- We are not entering dark times
Category Archives: The B-I-B-L-E
Nathan Schneider, an adult convert to Roman Catholicism, has a beautiful essay at Killing the Buddha.
I’ve said this before, but the Jesus I met as a girl resembles very little the Jesus I met as an adult. I like adult Jesus better.
She’s thoughtfully marked the pertinent passages, too.
Be careful, when referring to the Book of Leviticus’s use of it, says Jay Michaelson, at Religion Dispatches. “Abomination” may well be a mistranslation.
There is not one verse in the Bible inhibiting slavery, but many regulating it. It is not then, we conclude, immoral.
That’s from Alexander Campbell, bless his heart, though the source called him “Rev. Alexander Campbell,” which is inaccurate because c of Cers don’t use honorific titles like “Rev.” But oh-well.
I am just now into “Bible Babel,” by Kristin Swenson.
Anyone read it yet? I’m really, really loving it. It’s clear-eyed and easy to read and absolutely dissects the fruitlessness of trying to literally interpret the Bible.
Anyway. Consider this my endorsement. Watch book sales shoot up by one, maybe two whole books.
And thanks, Sis. Sharon, for the link.