One significant reason to pass paid sick leave legislation is that failing to do so further exacerbates disparities based on income. The Economic Policy Institute shows in stark terms that “rich people have paid sick days [while] poor people do not.” While only one in five (20 percent) of private sector workers in the bottom 10 percent of wage earners has earned paid sick time, nearly nine in ten (87 percent) of top-five wage earners have earned paid sick time.
- How ’bout THIS for fairy tales?
- Happy Cinco de Mayo and National Day of Prayer
- This is quite good:
- Baby Jesus is crying, Rev. Lotz
- When food theft isn’t a crime
- TrusTED says: Let’s bring fatty crap back to ‘Murica’s lunchrooms
- Check out this religion data
- Ladies? Owning a gun, in fact, does not make you safer
- The strange gift of grandchildren