Creeping corporatism has oozed out of Black Friday and backed up into Thanksgiving Day. You can simply avoid the stores to let retail establishments know you’d rather not keep store employees from enjoying the holiday with their families, or you can join change.org in asking Target to close for Thanksgiving day, rather than open stores for early-bird shoppers.
- Finally, and in closing:
- The Supremes take on marriage equality next week and America says yes
- Hartford’s mayor proposes issuing city IDs
- Sal slept in his home last night
- “End deaths on the sea by ending the wars around it.” An essay.
- On forgiveness and regret
- Check out this piece on the post office and the free exercise clause
- How welfare recipients live, a Republican’s view
- In which I have been elevated to a new position
- Sis. Michele Bachmann says: Jesus is coming (because of the gays)