- Just for chuckles
- The Oregon mass killer was a terrorist
- Happy birthday, Letha Dawson Scanzoni, feminist extraordinaire
- Chick-fil-A? Still sucks.
- This isn’t justice
- Official stoner (no, not THAT kind) certificate
- Do kosher dietary laws hold true on Mars?
- Here’s an idea that’s novel but not that new: TOD
- Air Force fires a woman accused of being a witch
- I am writing this with the hope that you can read it.
He was a terrorist, says Simran Jeet Singh, at Religion News Service. Singh writes:
In our modern world, “terrorist” is a racially coded word we have reserved primarily for describing Muslims engaged in acts of violence. We are quick to label violence as terrorism the moment we learn that the perpetrator is Muslim, yet we immediately stop short when a non-Muslim commits the same act of violence.
Mercer murdered nine innocent people to further his political ideology and worldview. So why don’t we call him a terrorist? As a nation we can’t continue to have it both ways and expect to adequately address the true threats we face together as a country.
As a promotion at a new store in New York City, Chick-fil-A offered free chicken for a year to the first 100 people in line. But the winners had to have a valid ID, which pretty much leaves out the homeless.
But then this is the same restaurant chain whose president has some throw-back ideas on marriage equality.
So, yep. Continuing my life-long boycott, right here.
Brought, as are so many good things, by Mrs. Betty Bowers, America’s Best Christian.